'Intelligence services drawing scientific conclusions': China slams US plans to publish new report on Covid-19 origins
Fri, 28 May 2021
The lab-leak theory made headlines again last week, after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director Rochelle Walensky said that the "lab-based origin is one possibility."
"I have now asked the intelligence community to redouble their efforts to collect and analyze information that could bring us closer to a definitive conclusion and to report back to me in 90 days," Biden said on Wednesday.The announcement came shortly after CNN reported that Biden had shut down a State Department investigation launched by his processor Donald Trump last fall. The probe, which was looking into allegations that the virus might have originated from the Wuhan lab, was reportedly discontinued over concerns of sub-par evidence and possible "cherry-picking" of facts.
Apart from the new Biden-commissioned report, the US Senate has voted through legislation requiring the release of all the classified information relating to the origins of coronavirus. Under the bill adopted on Thursday, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) has 90 days to release "any and all information relating to potential links between the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the origin of the coronavirus disease."
The lab-leak theory has previously been explored by a World Health Organization (WHO) team of experts that visited Wuhan early this year. The WHO team has effectively shot down the leak theory, stating that "a laboratory incident hypothesis is extremely unlikely to explain the introduction of the virus into the human population."
Comment: See also:
- Compelling Evidence That SARS-CoV-2 Was Man-Made
- CDC suddenly shuts down US Army's Fort Detrick bioweapons lab due to 'lapses in safety'
- Pentagon Biological Weapons Program Never Ended: US Bio-labs Around The World
- New Fort Detrick BioDefense laboratory may reflect a Bush germ war effort
- Research paper finds HIV like insertions in 2019-nCoV not found in any other coronavirus, "unlikely to be fortuitous in nature"
- Ethnic-Specific Weapons: Leaked Documents Reveal US Diplomats in Georgia Trafficking Human Blood And Pathogens For Pentagon Biowarfare Laboratory