Chinese company hacked Clinton's server, got copy of every email in real-time
Daily Caller reported that the firm operating in the D.C. area wrote code that was then embedded in the server and generated a “courtesy copy” for almost all her emails -- which was then forwarded to the Chinese company.
The code reportedly was discovered in 2015 by the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG), which then warned FBI officials of the intrusion.
A source briefed on the matter confirmed to Fox News the details of the Caller’s reporting, and said that the ICIG was so concerned by the revelation that officials drove over to the FBI to inform agents -- including anti-Trump agent Peter Strzok -- of the development after it was discovered via the emails' metadata.
The source told Fox News the hack was from a Chinese company, describing it as a front for Chinese intelligence.
A second source briefed on the matter told Fox News that officials outside of the FBI indicated code on the Clinton server suggested a foreign source was receiving copies of emails in real time.
The hacking report caught the attention late Tuesday of President Trump, who warned that the FBI and DOJ should act or “their credibility will be forever gone.”
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying responded to Trump’s tweet, saying: "This isn't the first time we've heard similar kinds of allegations.”
"China is a staunch defender of cybersecurity. We firmly oppose and crack down on any forms of internet attacks and the stealing of secrets," she said, according to Reuters.
The ICIG and the FBI declined to comment.
Clinton's office did not respond to a request for comment, but a spokesman told The Daily Caller, “The FBI spent thousands of hours investigating, and found no evidence of intrusion. That’s a fact.”
Fox News reported in March that Strzok was advised of an irregularity in the metadata of Clinton’s server that suggested a possible breach, but no follow-up action was taken.
Further, a May 2016 email from Strzok, obtained by Fox News earlier this year, said “we know foreign actors obtained access” to some Clinton emails, including at least one “secret” message “via compromises of the private email accounts” of Clinton staffers.
Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, asked Strzok in a House Oversight Committee hearing in July whether he was briefed about an anomaly on Clinton’s emails found by ICIG officials.
“You were given that information, and you did nothing with it,” Gohmert told Strzok in July.
Strzok said he remembered meeting with the ICIG officials, but did not remember the contents of the meeting and that every allegation was forwarded to experts who looked at it carefully.
“If there was a lead, I gave it to the team,” Strzok said as part of a heated back-and-forth between the two. Strzok was fired this month after controversy surrounding anti-Trump texts he sent to FBI lawyer Lisa Page, with whom he was having an affair.
Reached by phone Tuesday, Gohmert told Fox News on Tuesday that the emails were obtained by a foreign country’s intelligence, but he declined to name the country in question. He said there was no sign that Strzok and the FBI had taken any action when informed by the ICIG, and no indication that they even informed Clinton.
He told Fox News he was surprised that his questioning about it in the Strzok hearing in July didn’t generate more media attention, but noted that the press seized on a comment he made shortly afterward when he asked Strzok, “How many times did you look into your wife’s eyes and lie about Lisa Page?”
“It’s critically important,” he said, when asked about the significance of the server revelation. “There are countries that would pay a tremendous amount of money to know what Clinton was saying, doing and thinking through her emails, what she’s doing, who she’s going to meet, what she thought about meetings, not necessarily classified but critically important and those emails were compromised and people like Strzok, when they were briefed, knew this would devastate her chances of being elected and they weren't about to do anything to hurt those chances.”
Then-FBI Director James Comey concluded the FBI’s investigation into Clintons emails in July 2016, saying that while Clinton had been “extremely careless” in her handling of classified information, he would not recommend charges to the DOJ.
Thursday, November 28, 2019
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
US teenager's TikTok video on Uyghur 'concentration camps' in China's Xinjiang goes viral
A US teenager whose TikTok video about the detention of Uyghur Muslims in China went viral says her account has now been blocked by the Chinese-owned social network.
Feroza Aziz managed to have the 40-second video spread across the platform by disguising it as a short make-up tutorial, before accusing China of setting up "concentration camps" and "throwing innocent Muslims in there".
The clip has been watched more than 1.4 million times and "liked" nearly 500,000 times on the app.
The 17-year-old posted on Twitter that TikTok has since blocked her account.
"I am blocked from posting on tik tok for a month. This won't silence me," she wrote.
This has been disputed by TikTok.
A spokesperson for the company said the user "would still be able to post to this account as it is an active account".
The spokesperson said TikTok had banned a previous account belonging to Ms Aziz "after she posted a video of Osama bin Laden, which is a violation of TikTok's ban on content that includes imagery related to terrorist organisations".
"Another account of hers — including the eyelash video in question — [was] not affected and the video continues to receive views," the spokesperson said in an email.
"TikTok does not moderate content due to political sensitivities."
In her most recent Instagram post, she addressed why she made the video and referred to China's mass detention as "another Holocaust".
"Hi guys, I made a video about the situation in China with how the government is capturing the Uyghur Muslims and placing them into concentration camps.
"Once you enter these camps, you're lucky if you get out. Innocent humans are being murdered, tortured, raped, receiving shock therapy, and so much more that I can't even describe.
"They are holding a genocide against Muslims and they're getting away with it.
"The UN failed to stop this genocide in the summer, we can't let that happen again. We can't be silent on another Holocaust that is bound to happen.
"Spreading awareness does wonders," Ms Aziz said.
"We got the UN to step in and help Sudan because we spread awareness, so we can do the same thing for China. "
Earlier this year the United States and more than 30 countries condemned what they called China's "horrific campaign of repression" against the Uyghur Muslim minority in the western region of Xinjiang.
Since 2017, more than 1 million members of the province's Muslim minorities have been rounded up, detained and subjected to a program of mass indoctrination in a network of "vocational training" camps spread over the region in China's far west.
China says the camps are aimed at stamping out extremism.